U Maine Field House, Orono
The Weekly had a good front-page story today:
14th annual HOPE Festival set
By BDN Staff - Bangor Daily News
ORONO, Maine - The 14th annual HOPE Festival - Help Organize Peace Earthwide - Saturday, April 19, at the University of Maine Field house will offer activities for all ages to celebrate Earth Day, their connections to the Earth and to each other and to learn how to reduce their "carbon footprint."More information from the Peace & Justice Center of Eastern Maine HERE. Some pictures from previous events HERE and HERE.
The festival will feature a Green Expo, live entertainment, films and a fair with more than 80 organizations.
After the opening ceremony with Penobscot Elder Arnie Neptune and drumming with Eh Pit Sisok (Little Women) from Indian Island, attendees may browse information tables and pick up buttons, bumper stickers and T-shirts. Activities include:
- The lively jazz of A-Train, 11:15 am
- International Student Dancers, 12:15 pm
- The peaceful music of the UMaine Classical Guitar Ensemble, 1:45 pm
- The amazing juggling of Zackary Field, 2 pm
- Nasruddin Puppet wisdom stories, Richard Merrill, 3 pm
- In the children?s area, youngsters will learn and play with miniature solar panels provided by the Maine Energy Education Program and learn how to start an environmental club from Green Team Maine... [and much more!]